top of page

SpiritBuildersInc Group

Public·47 members

I Am A King Korean Movie Eng Sub

CLICK HERE --->>> https://urlin.us/2ttMKA

I Am A King Korean Movie Eng Sub

I Am A King: A Hilarious Historical Comedy Inspired by Mark Twain

If you are looking for a fun and lighthearted historical comedy, you might want to check out I Am A King, a 2012 South Korean film starring Ju Ji-hoon, Park Yeong-gyu, Baek Yoon-sik, Byun Hee-bong and Kim Su-ro. The film is loosely based on Mark Twain's classic novel The Prince and the Pauper, but set in the Joseon Dynasty with Ju playing the dual role of a king and a beggar.

The film follows the adventures of Grand Prince Choong-nyung, the third son of King Taejong, who is reluctant to become the next ruler of the kingdom. He escapes from the palace on the eve of his coronation and meets a slave named Deok-chil, who looks exactly like him. They decide to switch places, but things get complicated when Deok-chil has to deal with palace intrigues and Choong-nyung has to face the hardships of the common people.

I Am A King is a comedy that mixes historical facts with fictional elements, such as the creation of the Korean alphabet by King Sejong (Choong-nyung's future name) and the involvement of Hwang Hee, a powerful minister who tries to manipulate Deok-chil. The film also features a romantic subplot between Choong-nyung and Soo-yeon, a court lady who helps him adjust to his new life.

The film was directed by Jang Kyu-sung, who previously made My Teacher, Mr. Kim and Good Morning President. The screenplay was written by Hwang Seong-gu, who also wrote The Face Reader and The King's Case Note. The film was produced by Daisy Entertainment and distributed by Lotte Entertainment.

I Am A King was released on August 8, 2012 and received positive reviews from critics and audiences. It was praised for its humorous and witty dialogue, its charming and charismatic performances, and its refreshing and entertaining take on Korean history. The film also won several awards, including Best New Actor for Ju Ji-hoon at the 33rd Blue Dragon Film Awards.

If you are interested in watching I Am A King, you can find it online with English subtitles on various streaming platforms. You can also watch the trailer below to get a glimpse of the film's hilarious scenes and characters.

One of the highlights of the film is the chemistry between Ju Ji-hoon and his co-stars, especially Park Yeong-gyu, who plays his father King Taejong. The father-son relationship is portrayed with humor and warmth, as they clash over their different views on ruling and eventually reconcile. Park Yeong-gyu is a veteran actor who has appeared in many historical dramas and films, such as Queen Seondeok and Masquerade.

Another notable performance is by Baek Yoon-sik, who plays Hwang Hee, a cunning and ambitious minister who tries to control Deok-chil and use him for his own political agenda. Baek Yoon-sik is known for his versatile and charismatic roles in films such as The President's Last Bang and Tazza: The High Rollers. He delivers a convincing and nuanced portrayal of a complex villain who is not entirely evil.

The film also features a talented supporting cast, including Byun Hee-bong as Shin Ik, a loyal and wise advisor to Choong-nyung; Im Won-hee as Hae-goo, a funny and loyal friend to Deok-chil; Lee Ha-nee as Soo-yeon, a beautiful and brave court lady who falls in love with Choong-nyung; Baek Do-bin as Prince Yangnyeong, Choong-nyung's older brother who is exiled for his rebellious behavior; Kim Su-ro as Warrior Hwang Goo, a fierce and loyal bodyguard to Deok-chil; and Kim So-hyun as Sol-bi, Deok-chil's love interest who is imprisoned for being a spy's daughter. 248dff8e21

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
No upcoming events at the moment
bottom of page